Pagina's

vrijdag 6 mei 2011

Slib casting

I started this week with slipcasting.  Slipcasting is a technique for the mass-production of pottery. A liquid clay body slip is poured into plaster molds and allowed to form a layer, the cast, on the inside cavity of the mould.
I also made a wooden construction to turn my mold. My molds are to big and to heavy to empty by myself. If you pour the liquid clay into the mold, the mould will be even heavier. So with the 'wooden wheels' I just have to turn the mold between to tables, and empty the liquid clay back into a bucket.

1 opmerking:

  1. I love your "wooden wheels" to turn your molds. I have some new molds which are too big to turn and I would like to make some wheels. What kind of wood did you use? I see that you taped the edges. Do you make wheels for each mold? I would love to see more.
    Thank You.
    JoAnn Axford, New York, USA

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen